2016 K-Pop World Festival Regional Preliminary in Atlanta
2016 K-Pop World Festival
Regional Preliminary in Atlanta
Consulate General of the Republic of Korea is hosting the U.S. Regional Preliminary of the 2016 K-Pop World Festival in Atlanta for the first time. Please refer to below to join!
l 2016 Atlanta Preliminary Information
1. Date/Time : July 9, 2016 10:00AM – 2:30PM
- Length of the audition may change depending on the numbers of participants
2. Location: Korean-American Association of Greater Atlanta (5900 Brook Hollow Pkwy. Norcross, GA 30071)
- We do not accept demo videos. All participants must be present in person by 9:00 AM on July 9, 2016 for registration, and failure to attend may result in disqualification.
3. Application Process
- Application Deadline: June 30, 2016
- To apply, send completed application (attached) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participants with the top scores in the singing and dancing divisions will advance to participate in the U.S. Final Round on July 30 in Los Angeles, CA.
- Results will be announced individually by e-mail on Monday, July 11.
l Eligibility and Requirements
1. Personal Status
- Must be eligible to travel abroad.
- Must be a U.S. citizen whose parent(s) have never had Korean citizenship.
2. Group Formation
- For groups in the singing division: total number of dancers must not exceed 2 persons, no limitation on number of singers
- For groups in the dancing division: no limitation on number of members
l U.S. Final Rounds and Prizes
1. Date/Time : July 23, 2016 1:00PM– 2:30PM
2. Location: Los Angeles Convention Center
- Participants selected for the Final Round are responsible for all expenses incurred relating to event and competition(eg. transportation to the venue, meals, hair & make-up, and stage attire).
- The Final Round will be held concurrently with the K-Pop Concert in Los Angeles on July 30 and 31, and each participant selected for the Final Round will get a free ticket to the concert.
- The winner of the Final Rounds will be given a prize of USD 1,000, and advanced to perform at the World Final Round of the 2016 Changwon K-Pop World Festival in October as the U.S. representative.